Lt. Governor of Nebraska
Lieutenant Governor Mike Foley was elected to office as the running mate of Governor Pete Ricketts on November 4, 2014. Prior to his election as Lieutenant Governor, he served eight years as Nebraska State Auditor.
Prior to his election as State Auditor, he served six years in the Nebraska Unicameral Legislature as the State Senator for District 29 in Lincoln.
Mike is originally from Rochester, NY. He received his Bachelor of Science degree in 1976 from State University of New York at Brockport. He then went on to earn his Master’s degree in Business Administration from Michigan State University in 1978.
· Mike married Susan Seiker in August 1990 and they are the parents of six children.
· Corporate Planning Analyst with the Nebraska Public Power District
· Director of Financial Analysis of the National Association of Regulatory Utility Commissioners
· Consultant with Kirschner Associates
· Elected to the Nebraska Unicameral Legislature November 2000, Re-Elected 2004
· Legislative Committee Assignments:
- Transportation and Telecommunications
· St. Peter’s Catholic Church
· Legion of Mary
· Republican Party
· National Lieutenant Governor’s Association
· Republican Lieutenant Governor’s Association